Yo Olvido

Yo olvido... I forget.

Sometimes, I forget.

I listened to a sermon today that talked about remember God's grace and the beauty of God's grace. The sermon mentioned a study in which participants were challenged to focus on the positives and how it changed their perspective on life (side note--I frequently reference that study when encouraging my students to develop a positive attitude, and have worked on it myself).

I forget God's grace.

I forget God's goodness.

I forget just how amazing it is that I am on this earth, living in a tropical paradise and get to do amazing things help students reunite with their families, learn another language, experience a community like none other, and yes, drive through the mountains for a whirlwind day trip to the beach.

The greatness becomes every day, common place, mundane.

I forget.

I focus on the struggles, the challenges, what I wish I had.

I forget.

This weekend as I was riding through the mountains with my friends, I was reminded about just how insane and crazy my life is--insane and crazy in a good way. I am so blessed. I tried to capture the vast beauty of the Dominican Republic, but the pictures did not all turn out; below is my attempt at sharing with you the wonders of my life.













Comments

Popular Posts